By Martin Haspelmath
The sequence builds an intensive selection of top of the range descriptions of languages world wide. each one quantity deals a finished grammatical description of a unmarried language including absolutely analyzed pattern texts and, if applicable, a glossary and different proper info that's to be had at the language in query. There are not any regulations as to language kin or sector, and even though distinct consciousness is paid to hitherto undescribed languages, new and worthy remedies of higher recognized languages also are incorporated. No theoretical version is imposed at the authors; the one criterion is a excessive regular of clinical caliber.
Read Online or Download A Grammar of Lezgian PDF
Similar foreign language dictionaries & thesauruses books
This variation is written in English. even though, there's a operating Spanish word list on the backside of every web page for the more challenging English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are numerous versions of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. This version will be beneficial if
Colloquial Dutch 2 is the next move in language studying in the event you have already got a easy wisdom of Dutch. The real dialogues, texts and diversity of workouts during this direction might help freshmen to consolidate their language talents and additional their language competence. Key gains include:* a piece dedicated to idiomatic expressions in every one unit* cultural issues and data on a number of dialects* vocabulary lists relative to the themes of every unit.
This publication is a brand new contribution to syntactic concept. The reader will discover a transparent assessment of the important evidence bearing on Brazilian Portuguese (BP) notice order, in addition to a comparability to the proof in different Romance languages (Spanish, Italian, and French). In touching on different Romance languages to BP, the booklet indicates that BP be aware order has a few fascinating regulations that set this language truly except the opposite Romance languages.
Le cahier d'activites d'Alter ego three vient en supplement du livre de l'eleve dont il go well with l. a. constitution. Il suggest de renforcer les connaissances acquises a travers une grande variete d'activites: - de vocabulaire- de grammaire- de verbal exchange, - de comprehension et de construction ecrites, a faire en classe ou en autonomie.
- Colloquial Danish (Colloquial Series (Book Only))
- A Coptic Dictionary (Oxford University Press academic monograph reprints)
- English Grammar - New Edition (Spanish Edition)
- A Latin Grammar
- Get Started in Greek, 2nd Edition
- Pygmalion (Webster's French Thesaurus Edition) (French Edition)
Additional resources for A Grammar of Lezgian
Laxta taitaj iwi. Maxaikala: Dagestanskoe kni2noe izdatel'stvo. [Uncurdled blood] M83: Me2idov, Qijas. 1983. Qeni qunUjar. Maxaikala: Daguipedgiz. [Good neighbors] M90: Mahmudov, Abdulbari. 1990. C'iji q'ilelaj baSlamiSa. Maxaikala: Dagestanskoe kni2noe izdatel'stvo. [Begin anew] N88: Sixnabiev, Naxmudin. 1988. Meq^er. Maxaikala: Dagestanskoe kni2noe izdatel'stvo. [The wedding] Q81: Qurban, Hakim. 1989. Quj hamiSa rag 5turaj. Maxaikala: Dagestanskoe kniinoe izdatel'stvo. [Let there always be sun] R66: Rizvanov, Zabit.
In Uslar (1896), the /a/ is still present in these cases. (41) Absolutive balk'dn-ar dide-jar Ergative (Uslar) balk'dn-r-i dide-jr-i < < balk'dn-ar-i didi-jar-i 'horses' 'mothers' The /u/ of the plural substantivizer -bur is preserved in the spelling but not generally in the pronunciation, which leads to spelling variations, especially in older texts. 194 Download Date | 9/17/13 4:46 PM 40 4. 3. Unstressed thematic vowels in Elative cases (especially in the Superelative) are sometimes syncopated, though not in the standard spelling.
4. The ethnonym Lezgian The word Lezgian corresponds to the Lezgian self-designation lezgi 'Lezgian' (Russian lezginskij, lezgin). This term has been used in the present sense since the 1920s. Before that, the term Lezgian had been used to refer to all non-Turkic mountain peoples of Daghestan, while the term Küre (or Kilri, Russian kjurinskij) was used for the people and the language that are now called Lezgian (cf. Uslar 1896). ). 194 Download Date | 9/17/13 4:46 PM 20 2. Lezgian and its speakers here because it is close to Lezgian lezgi and because it has been used by other linguists working on Lezgian (Mel'cuk 1988a, Moor 1984, Job 1985).